Doctors use endoscopy to remove coin from 15-month-old baby’s stomach.

In Ulhasnagar, a 1-year-old boy who swallowed a penny was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Using an endoscopy, a doctor was able to effectively extract the coin.

15 month old baby swallows coin, doctors remove using endoscopy

On Thursday night in Ulhasnagar, a 1-and-a-half-year-old boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition after swallowing a penny that became lodged in his throat. The child swallowed a rupee coin as he was playing at home. His mother saw him crying a lot and that a coin was trapped in his throw.

The youngster complained of having a coin lodged in his throat and was taken late at night to Criticare Hospital in Ulhasnagar. The doctor discovered a difficult issue after making the diagnosis.

Dr. Prakash Korani, senior doctor at Criticare Hospital and senior consultant for pediatric gastroenterology, quickly performed a medical procedure to remove the penny from the child’s throat after assessing his health.

Replying to the media, Dr.Prakash Korani said, “This procedure is done using a long, flexible tube called an endoscope. The tube has a tiny light and video camera on one end. Our team removed a coin in half an hour. Now, the kid was safe. “

A minimally invasive process called endoscopic foreign body removal is used to get rid of objects that have been swallowed and lodged in the digestive system. Emergency medical care is necessary if an object gets stuck in the airway and prevents breathing, according to Dr. Korani.

Leave a comment